As an attorney, you likely have a lot on your mind, but finding Professional Liability for lawyers shouldn’t have to be one of them. With coverage from Lockton Affinity Lawyer, your career and firm is protected. Read on for all you need to know about Professional Liability Insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions about Professional Liability for Lawyers
+ Why do I need Professional Liability Insurance?
- Even if you are extremely diligent in your work and you believe that your clients would never sue you, you simply never know. In today’s litigious society, 4-17% of lawyers are sued each year.
- Professional Liability policies cover certain legal fees, judgments or settlements resulting from claims and litigation brought against you for the services you provided.
+ What does a Professional Liability policy from Lockton Affinity Lawyer include?
- Our policies contain a broad definition of Professional Services. Coverage is provided for services rendered for advice given to a client or customer by you for a fee, remuneration, or other consideration as it relates to a written agreement between you and your client.
+ What’s the difference between shared limit and individual limits for Professional Liability coverage?
- Many industry groups and associations offer professional liability policies with shared aggregate limits. This means multiple people are sharing the limits of the policy, so there is a chance the limits could be consumed by the time you need them. Lockton Affinity Lawyer Professional Liability policy has individual limits, so you will always have access to your full policy limits.
+ How quickly does my Professional Liability policy take effect?
- It is effective at 12 a.m. (local time) the day following purchase.
+ What’s the Lockton Affinity Lawyer difference?
- Our goal is to ensure that you receive insurance and service that stands out above the rest. We know that day in and day out, you face risks that come naturally with being a lawyer. That’s why Lockton Affinity has designed their Professional Liability policies specifically to meet lawyers’ needs. They also offer free CLE credits, 3-year retirement tail and risk management credits.
+ Does this policy provide cyber liability coverage?
- No, but you have the option to purchase comprehensive cyber liability coverage with its own separate limit of liability as you complete the application process. It is a separate policy from the Professional Liability coverage and is tailored to cover the exposures of lawyers.
+ I have more questions. Who should I contact?
- We’re here to help. Reach out to the knowledgeable Lockton Affinity Lawyer representatives at (844) 398-0465 or [email protected].